Saturday, April 19, 2014

Ecuador Mission Trip: Part Two

Pretty much the whole reason our team went to Ecuador was to serve at Casa de Fe (which means House of Faith). It is a home for abandoned, abused, and orphaned children. God showed me how amazing His love is for me through those children. I didn't want to leave at the end of the week! I got so attached to those precious kids and their smiles. Our team worked with the construction crew, the leader was from America, but all of the other guys were from Ecuador and spoke no English at all. They were very funny though! I'll let you in on a little joke that went through the group. Since both my dad and the head of the construction crew were both bald, they were called Coco Uno and Coco Dos by the construction workers. And it kind of stuck on, and all throughout the trip my dad's new name was Coco. Everyone called him that. It was so funny! We made so many memories at Casa de Fe and I was devastated to have to leave all of my precious new friends!  
A front view of the bodega.
The bridge we had to walk over every day to get to Casa de Fe.

All of the girls. :)
The bodega (workshop) at Casa de Fe. 

Me painting shelves with a product to keep the termites away.


The school at Casa de Fe. 

Our view each morning from the bodega. With a little view of the house.




Our whole team building a concrete wall Ecuadorian style! 


Let me just tell you, we got a workout!


My dad and the head of the construction crew. Coco Uno and Coco Dos.





No comments:

Post a Comment